- In bawa’s work one can see a smooth gradation of light for the fact that the plinth is seemless, there is no inside and outside plinth , so that enhances the theatrical character of the space its like a watercolor painting with huge washes and some fine details, so there is a presence of a larger whole, atmosphere etc.
- Also one can create mutants like zaha or like in some buildings in auroville, where the built form looks like a morphed image of a tangible form or seen before form , so it appears distorted by the architect, or references like melting ice cream , or forms of fruits pastries etc. mohe does create this but in an absolute abstract form like the classroom for iim in the form of caterpillar but the cater pillar is as mohe wants , doshi creates a module or a morphed form and then plays around with it, like CEPT , JDCA , hence it is important to abstract the form , that is the true sign of an artist as it becomes his interpretation , then leaving the observer in an engaged with the object trying to have a dialogue with the form .the spaces should appear unfolding so as to create infinite spaces , atmospheres .geometry is the ultimate abstraction .
- As a bottom line both spaces and forms should have layerings so that they appear juxtaposed with another space and form Space(PATTERN LANGUAGE) should look devoid of the real time, hence they woud look theatrical, form (FORM LANGUAGE) should look devoid of real form (like jatin das , henry moore, ( ISAMU NAGUCHI). As a result the idea of imitation gets followed and the mind swings between two entities and atmosphere gets created.
- The tree mural proposal at preeti residence , is chosen to be devoid of the real form , hence abstracted, but can imitate a dancing figure,this dancing figure can be a female , or a dancing giraffe, etc so there is an overlap of multiple spaces .so one has to be good at understanding of anatomy so that it can be interpreted into many things, hence there is richness, movements slowdown , physically and mentally, hence architecture happens , unlike west where the built form looks like the built form of the diagram , hence very meditative expression (not choreographed, hence nutral) , there is a one sided dialogue , and waiting for a response .remember the experience of looking at a guy with closed eyes sitting still and meditating is different from a guy chanting hymns in language not known but then there is a constant effort of relating the form language and the pattern language resulting memory and fantasy both
- Anything can be paused and transformed into the built form as well
- THE START OF DESIGN SHOULD BEGIN WITH THE IDEA OF CREATING ATMOSPHERE (generally created when many things come together)AND PHILOSOPHY OF THE METAPHOR(caves , forest ,being amongst kids so there are scaled down elements around etc), IS IT TANGIBLE, MUTANT (morphed species ETC) , THE EXPRESSION CAN VARY LIKE —
- MEDITATIVE EXPRESSION = NUTRAL SPACES = PLANE WALLS = MIES PAVILLION = LOUIS KAHN = LARGER THAN LIFE ATMOSPHERE = HIGH ABSTRACTIONS = LESS MORPHED OBJECTS IN NO ACTION
- CHOREOGRAPHED EXPRESSION = EMOTIONAL SPACES = EXPOSED BRICK = TEXTURES MATERIALS = GEOFFERY BAWA = KANNADE = HUMAN SCALE = FRIENDLIER ATMOSPHERE = LESS ABSTRACTIONS = MORPHED OBJECTS IN ACTION .CHOREOGRAPHY CAN BE MEDITATIVE LIKE PEOPLE PRAYING, CHANTING, MARCHING OR DYNAMIC LIKE PEOPLE SHOWING AGGRESSION, DANCING, FIGHTING ETC
- ALWAYS TRY TO CREATE THE EXPRESSION OF THE WHOLE AS MEDITATIVE (with or without metaphor like caves )AND THE PARTS REACHING THE WHOLE AS ENRICHED and CHOREOGRAPHED (MEDITATIVE OR DYNAMIC ) JESTURES hansmukh patel house
- THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A COMPROMISE ON EXPRESSION , IF THE SITE IS BIGGER , ELEMENTS CAN BE BROKEN OR DETAILED OUT, IF SITE IS SMALLER ELEMENTS CAN BE FUSED LIKE THE DRAWINGS OF KK HEBBER, JAMINI ROY
- FOR DETAILS OF EXPRESSIONS REFER KANNADE MOHE CHAPTER
THE OTHER DAY I WAS WONDERING WHY SPACES WITH ARCHES CREATE SO MUCH INTEREST , AND I UNDERSTOOD SOMETHING THAT WAS AN EXTENTION OF MY UNDERSTANDING OF SPACE. JUST LIKE THE CASE WHEN THE ARCHITECTURAL SPACE BECOMES THE FOCAL VISION , THAT IS A SITUATION WHEN U MOVE TOWARDS A SPACE WHICH ALLOWS U TO TURN AROUND SO THAT MULTIPLE SPACES ARE OPENED UP , THEN THE SPACE LOOKS MUCH MORE RICHER AND YOU GET A HEIGHTENED EXPERIENCE , SIMILARLY TO DEAL WITH THE MOVEMENT OF THE EYE THESE SPACES AROUND WHICH ONE CAN MOVE CAN BE TRANSFORMED INTO THE SHAPE OF AN ARCH , AS IN A CIRCLE EVERY POINT CHANGES WITH THE TANGENT SO THE VISUAL SPACE IN THE FORM OF AN ARCH WHICH IS NOW AN ARCHITECTURAL SPACE KEEPS UNFOLDING EVERY TIME ONE EXPERIENCES THE SPACE, HENCE INFINITE SPACES CAN BE SEEN , UNLIKE A SQUARE ARCH , WHICH IS MEANT FOR A VISION TO BE EXPERIENCED ONLY AT ONE POINT.
TODAY I REALISED THAT LIFE IS ALSO LIKE WATER COLOR PAINTING. WHEN U TAKE UP A JOB , THE MORE TIME U INVEST ON IT , THAT is MORE THE LAYERS OF APPROACHES U PUT IN , THE BETTER IS THE RESULT. ALSO ONE HAS TO LEARN TO WORK LIKE A MACHINE , THAT IS UNDERSTAND THE WORK AND WORK RIGOROUSLY TO TRANSFORM SOMETHING INTO SOMETHING ELSE